Reporting to the Travel Division General Manager, the Back Office Travel Business Development Executive will be required to work hand in hand with the Travel Division General Manager and company Directors so as to create, plan, manage, check, oversee and finalize tours, individuals bookings, hotel bookings, car hire bookings, group flight bookings and allocations, and other tasks relevant to the role.
The selected candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Exceptional communication skills in both Maltese and English.
• Good basic computer knowledge, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Excellent knowledge of the principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits of each means of travel.
• Proven ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Possess work experience in travel.
• Enthusiasm and strong customer service skills.
• Enjoy working with people, understanding requirements, and have a friendly and outgoing personality.
• Ideally have a good knowledge of business development and respective responsibilities.
• Ideally in possession of an IATA qualification.
• Knowledge of foreign languages, including Italian, French, German and Spanish would be considered an asset.
• A good accounting background and prior experience in logistics would be considered an asset.
• Candidates must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy.
• Create, plan, manage, check, oversee and finalize tours, individuals bookings, hotel bookings, car hire bookings, group flight bookings, and allocations according to customer individual requirements, market trends, company direction and vision.
• Provide appropriate information and knowledge about the products being offered to ROCS travel agents and front office staff.
• Perform all necessary travel duties, which include but are not limited to issuing travel tickets, arranging for rental car services, offering suggestions, and providing literature pertaining to trips, excursions, sporting events, concerts, plays etc...
• Responsibility for marketing package tours to individuals and groups.
• Update client record cards and transfer information to the computer client file as required.
• Share and provide information to other team members on any knowledge gained in respect of both clients as well as suppliers.
• Liaise with the respective suppliers for the provision of the necessary travel services to clients.
• Work consistently towards achieving the sales targets of the division as determined by Management.
• Any other related duties as may be determined from time to time by Management.
• Be able to travel on duty travel to Travel fairs, on location training, familiarisation visits, exploratory business trips etc…