ASSISTANT TO THE PAYROLL OFFICER (ROCS20424)
The ROCS Group is growing and we are looking for a motivated and hard-working individual to join our accounts team as an assistant payroll officer. You will be responsible for assisting the payroll team in the payroll function and employment contracts across all the different sectors of the Group, including our jobs, retail, insurance, and travel divisions.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the engagement process of local and foreign nationals and must therefore be knowledgeable about this process. They must also be computer literate, able to speak and write fluent English and possess a valid driving license and ideally own vehicle.
Candidates who are in possession of Maltese residency permits and are knowledgeable about the Maltese property market will be given preference.
You must also possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Maltese and English
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent knowledge of payroll procedures and policies and employment law
• The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• The ability to work under pressure
• Must be responsible, reliable, and trustworthy
• Minimum of an A level standard of education
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar post is required
• Experience in the employment of non-EU nationals is considered an asset
The key reponsibilities of this post include:
- • Complete local engagement documentation requirements;
• Complete foreign engagement documentation requirements;
• The pickup of new employees from the airport;
• Complete induction course with all new employees;
• Coordinate accommodation for the first week;
• Looking for the employees’ accommodation and liaise with same employees;
• Assist employees to health clinics in order to complete employment documentation;
• Liaise with foreign recruitment partners;
• Liaise with local governmental authorities;
• Liaise with Jobsplus regarding necessary documentation.
• Assist in administration and monitoring of the electronic timekeeping system
• Assist in completing all company payroll and all necessary bank transfers in a timely manner
• Assist in monitoring sick leave and annual vacation leave balances for employees across the Group
• Ensuring accuracy and compliance with legislation, policy, and agreements, while maintaining accurate and complete data at all times
• Updating employee records internally as well as with external institutions, as required
• Assist in drafting and finalizing employee contracts with prospective employees
• Assist in updating of payroll-related accounting entries
• Assist in generating accurate reports for management purposes
• Any other related duties as may be determined from time to time by management, particularly those related to the accounts division.
This is a full time role